Thread poster: Natalie_Rowan
Natalie_Rowan
Natalie_Rowan
New Zealand
Local time: 03:56
Portuguese to English
Jan 31, 2017

Hi all

I am a taking a course in translation at university, and to help get some experience I asked for material to translate (voluntarily - no pay) from the Brazilian community in my city. I have received several documents and have translated three so far.

However, I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to have my translations proofread so I can learn what I am doing well and correct my mistakes?
... See more
Hi all

I am a taking a course in translation at university, and to help get some experience I asked for material to translate (voluntarily - no pay) from the Brazilian community in my city. I have received several documents and have translated three so far.

However, I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to have my translations proofread so I can learn what I am doing well and correct my mistakes?

The teachers at my university do not speak Brazilian Portuguese so they cannot mark my work.
Collapse

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:56
German to Turkish
+ ...
Mentoring Feb 2, 2017

You can get involved in a mentoring program in your language pair. A mentor may not actually proofread your translations but will be able to guide you in the translator's world.

ProZ offers such a possibility. You can check the conditions under Member activities tab > Mentoring program.

Another option is to pay a proofreader for this work

Elif

Natalie_Rowan
Natalie_Rowan
New Zealand
Local time: 03:56
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Elif Feb 3, 2017

Thanks, that is a good idea.

Ana Clara Caribe
Ana Clara Caribe  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:56
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes, I can if you still need help Mar 3, 2017

Hi,
I can proofread your work. I live in Brazil and I have a major in Portuguese. Let me know if you need any help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »