Off topic: Help translating Japanese food box
Thread poster: boyw
boyw
boyw
Finland
Dec 16, 2014

Hello

I purchased box of Japanese food (I believe) when I was visiting Japan. Can somebody look the photos and actually tell me what it is? I thought it would be easy to make but I found now some difficulties My Japanese level is quite 0. Thank you very much for the help.

Pictures of the box here:
... See more
Hello

I purchased box of Japanese food (I believe) when I was visiting Japan. Can somebody look the photos and actually tell me what it is? I thought it would be easy to make but I found now some difficulties My Japanese level is quite 0. Thank you very much for the help.

Pictures of the box here:

http://s13.postimg.org/l959lsgav/WP_20141216_09_26_00_Pro.jpg
http://s4.postimg.org/h0wuukofh/WP_20141216_09_26_36_Pro.jpg

Thank you very much for the help!
Collapse

Shannon Morales
Shannon Morales  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:12
Member (2005)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Natto furikake Dec 16, 2014

It's "furikake," seasoned flakes for sprinkling over white rice.
The flavor is "natto," which is fermented soybeans.

Natto is sort of a "love it or hate it" food; I sincerely hope you're in the "love it" camp. Enjoy!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help translating Japanese food box

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »