Trados 2015 license deactivating itself overnight, every day
Thread poster: Emma May Price
Emma May Price
Emma May Price  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 27, 2017

Relates to 2015 freelance version of Trados.

Since last Thursday, I have had to contact SDL support every day to ask them to reset my license, because overnight it seems to deactivate itself and I am told I have no license available (i.e. one is already in use). This is causing me great stress as I have deadlines every day for the next 10 days and cannot keep on top of the work if I have to wait for SDL to reset my license continually (they are under no obligation to respond in les
... See more
Relates to 2015 freelance version of Trados.

Since last Thursday, I have had to contact SDL support every day to ask them to reset my license, because overnight it seems to deactivate itself and I am told I have no license available (i.e. one is already in use). This is causing me great stress as I have deadlines every day for the next 10 days and cannot keep on top of the work if I have to wait for SDL to reset my license continually (they are under no obligation to respond in less than one working day!). They do not seem to be able to provide a long-term solution to the problem, which makes me think it could be a problem with my computer?

Background information:
Since Windows' most recent update last Thursday, I have been working on my back-up computer as my main computer has reacted to the update and continues to freeze, rendering it unusable; I am currently running diagnostics on it and will take it to a repair shop if all else fails. This means that there was a period of two days last week in which I was switching between licenses and computers frequently; perhaps this is the root of the problem? Since Monday, I have been working on the computer, and have not switched licenses, yet this deactivation issue still persists.

I would be very grateful for any advice or insight on this matter. Thank you!

[Edited at 2017-07-27 09:20 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2015 license deactivating itself overnight, every day

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »