[Trados 2017 SP1] How to rescue translated segments lost by Trados?
Thread poster: Michelangela
Michelangela
Michelangela
United States
Local time: 10:38
German to English
+ ...
Aug 20, 2017

Started my issue here as a new topic ... Trados 2017 deleted 50%+ of my translated segments!

How to rescue translated segments lost by Trados?

I've been working on finishing the last 25% of my translation today (of ca. 1400 segments in total). When I was about 80% done, the statistics started to be messed up (the number of untranslated segments was incorrect at 5%), then all remaining segments were filled with the original language translation showing as being translat
... See more
Started my issue here as a new topic ... Trados 2017 deleted 50%+ of my translated segments!

How to rescue translated segments lost by Trados?

I've been working on finishing the last 25% of my translation today (of ca. 1400 segments in total). When I was about 80% done, the statistics started to be messed up (the number of untranslated segments was incorrect at 5%), then all remaining segments were filled with the original language translation showing as being translated.

To make the long story short, I reopened Trados and the first 50% of my translation vanished completely.

Is there any way to retrieve it?

Trados has no decent free technical support that I am aware of.

Please, help!

Thanks!
Collapse

Gitte Hoveds (X)
Gitte Hoveds (X)
Denmark
Local time: 18:38
Danish to English
+ ...
Should be in the TM Aug 21, 2017

The TM stores your translation as you go along, so in theory, it should simply be a case of running the text through Studio again. Start at the top, hit Ctrl + Enter and watch the TM complete already translated segments. It will stop when it gets to the first untranslated segment.

(Sorry if I am stating the obvious and you have already tried this.)

Michelangela
Michelangela
United States
Local time: 10:38
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Glitch Aug 21, 2017

The issue seems to be a severe glitch in Trados 2017 SP1.

The newly translated segments (after I press Enter for the latest version SP1, because it is no longer the Ctrl + Enter key combination) they do not appear in the TM files when I open them with Trados. Even if I run (on project, right click) the batch task "Update Project Translation Memories" I get the warning that there is nothing to update, although the contrary is true.

I need some employee from Trados to lo
... See more
The issue seems to be a severe glitch in Trados 2017 SP1.

The newly translated segments (after I press Enter for the latest version SP1, because it is no longer the Ctrl + Enter key combination) they do not appear in the TM files when I open them with Trados. Even if I run (on project, right click) the batch task "Update Project Translation Memories" I get the warning that there is nothing to update, although the contrary is true.

I need some employee from Trados to look at whatever log files are generated, or the whole folder.

I'm now working 16+ hours a day to redo the lost translated segments and meet the deadline. Tremendously frustrating ...

[Edited at 2017-08-21 13:10 GMT]
Collapse

Christiane Lalonde
Christiane Lalonde  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:38
English to French
Same here Aug 22, 2017

The same happened to me.
Suddenly all the target segments filed with the source text appeared as « translated ».
Good luck with retrieving your work if you set your parameters to « Replace the old translation with the new one » (without adding the different translations in the TM)

Christiane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

[Trados 2017 SP1] How to rescue translated segments lost by Trados?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »