MA Translation
Thread poster: greta grinfeld
greta grinfeld
greta grinfeld  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:27
English to Spanish
Oct 2, 2014

Hello, new to the industry and profession. Looking for an MA in Translation (or similar training) not too far from London, anyone can share their experience? Read some very useful posts going back to 2010 etc, Westminster seems to have a good reputation, is this still the case? Anyone know about UCL?
Any comments will be so appreciated, thanks!
Greta

Jolanta Grigg
Jolanta Grigg  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Polish
+ ...
Portsmouth MA in Translation Dec 14, 2014

I am currently studying full time at Portsmouth. The course is quite intense and not cheap but it was definitely worth it. I am learning a lot. don't know what else to say. Feel free to ask if you have specific questions.

Francesca Ventura
Francesca Ventura
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
MA Jun 30, 2017

Hey, I'm about to finish my MA at the University of Birmingham, if you have any questions feel free to ask:)

Maria Grazia Inserillo
Maria Grazia Inserillo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
MA at the University of Birmingham Sep 30, 2018

Francesca Ventura wrote:

Hey, I'm about to finish my MA at the University of Birmingham, if you have any questions feel free to ask:)

Hi, Francesca

Congratulation on finishing your MA at the University of Birmingham!

I would like to know more about your experience as I am considering this option at the moment. I have heard that this MA is mainly theory and not much practice, is this true? How is the course structured and how is the pace? How are students assessed? How did you find the assignments, workload, tutoring?

Anything you could share would be much appreciated!

Thank you
Maria

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

MA Translation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »