Having Issues Extracting Files on Vista 32 using Catalyst 7
Thread poster: Miss Belle
Jul 30, 2009

Hi,
I'm getting a an error message when attempting to extract .dlls from Catalyst 7. The error message states: Error: Failed to rename Tmp4076.tmp to File.dll. Can someone help me out? I'm running it on a Vista machine. Thanks,
Miss Belle

Serene Poon
Serene Poon
Local time: 09:25
English
Same problem with Catalyst 7 on Vista and Win 7 Aug 22, 2013

I'm getting the same error message when attempting to extract .DLL from Catalyst 7 on a Vista system. There is no problem extracting from the same TTK on Win XP.

Would appreciate Alchemy Support provide a solution for this. Thanks so much!

[Edited at 2013-08-23 01:14 GMT]

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 01:25
English
Config File Aug 22, 2013

Hi Miss Belle,

There is an issue extracting some Win32 binary files on Windows Server 2003 & 2008. This seems to be a problem with the OS which will not allow groups of resources to be saved.

Could you download the below Config.xml:

ftp://user:[email protected]/config extract.zip

This config file has an option whic
... See more
Hi Miss Belle,

There is an issue extracting some Win32 binary files on Windows Server 2003 & 2008. This seems to be a problem with the OS which will not allow groups of resources to be saved.

Could you download the below Config.xml:

ftp://user:[email protected]/config extract.zip

This config file has an option which means that each resource is extracted and saved individually. This ensures that all items will be extracted and saved but the time taken will necessarily be longer.

Please place the config file under:

• Microsoft Vista & Windows 7 = C:\Users\Public\Alchemy Software\Catalyst 7.0
• All other Microsoft OS = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Alchemy Software\Catalyst 7.0

restart Catalyst and then try to extract the files again.

Thanks and regards,
Jette
Collapse

Serene Poon
Serene Poon
Local time: 09:25
English
Fixed Aug 23, 2013

Hi Jette@Alchemy Support,

Thanks so much, your solution works on both Win Vista and Win 7.

The only imperfection is what you'd mention - it took an obviously longer time to extract the desired .dll.

Best Regards,
Serene.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Having Issues Extracting Files on Vista 32 using Catalyst 7

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »