TTK file modified in Catalyst 10.0 Translator Lite cannot be opened in Catalyst 8.0 Developer
Thread poster: kimvic
kimvic
kimvic
Canada
Jun 7, 2013

Here are the steps of my situation:
- my team saved a TTK file using Catalyst 8.0 Developer Pro edition, on Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit.
- an external translator received that file and modified it using Catalyst 10.0 Translator Lite (to do Japanese translations). He says the file was saved for version 8.0.
- my team got the translated TTK file back, but when we try to open it in Catalyst 8.0 Developer edition now we get an error message "Sorry, could not load the file."

... See more
Here are the steps of my situation:
- my team saved a TTK file using Catalyst 8.0 Developer Pro edition, on Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit.
- an external translator received that file and modified it using Catalyst 10.0 Translator Lite (to do Japanese translations). He says the file was saved for version 8.0.
- my team got the translated TTK file back, but when we try to open it in Catalyst 8.0 Developer edition now we get an error message "Sorry, could not load the file."

Does anybody have any ideas why this isn't working? Is there any known issue when Developer and Translator are using different versions of Catalyst?
Collapse

kimvic
kimvic
Canada
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 7, 2013

Oops, well my team figured out what the problem was. They were trying to open the TTK file from a network folder and there was a permission issue. After copying the TTK file to local machine it opens just fine.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

TTK file modified in Catalyst 10.0 Translator Lite cannot be opened in Catalyst 8.0 Developer

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »