Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:55
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 23, 2017

Hi collegues,

I'm looking for a software similar to xBench which can be used on Mac (not on Parallel).
This is for QA (besides the QA performed by the CATs)

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:55
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
CafeTran has a very extensive set of QA modules, and runs on Macs... Nov 23, 2017

Not exactly what you are looking for (a dedicated QA program), but CafeTran runs on Macs (and Windows and Linux), and has an extremely good set of QA features, probably as good as memoQ/Studio, if not better.

I actually own a license for Xbench, but have never actually used it for QA purposes because I have everything I need (and more)
... See more
Not exactly what you are looking for (a dedicated QA program), but CafeTran runs on Macs (and Windows and Linux), and has an extremely good set of QA features, probably as good as memoQ/Studio, if not better.

I actually own a license for Xbench, but have never actually used it for QA purposes because I have everything I need (and more) right in CafeTran.

http://cafetran.com
https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions

Michael
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
QA checks Nov 23, 2017

Lucia Messuti wrote:

This is for QA (besides the QA performed by the CATs)

Can you specify the QA checks that you want to perform?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Apsic xBench

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »