Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Details of jobs completed over last 3 years? Are you kidding me?!
Thread poster: Dylan J Hartmann
Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:13
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Nothing there for me Feb 25, 2015

Maria S. Loose, LL.M. wrote:
In my opinion, freelancers are missing out on a great chance to expand their customer basis if they don't participate.

I might be wrong, but I don't see anything there for my language pair. Am I correct to assume that the EU's efforts are focused on translating cosy conversations between European countries or is there also work done on translating the thoughts and missives of the (rather larger) world outside the castle walls?

Dan

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:13
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Re translation experience Feb 25, 2015

Maria S. Loose, LL.M. wrote:
How do you prove your translation experience other than by POs, contracts, letters of reference etc?

A PO does not prove any translation experience. A PO proves only the fact that some agency has ordered something to some individual claiming to be a freelancer (for example), but it does not prove that the individual has ever completed the task at all.

If the recipient of these documents is not a translation agency but a public institution whose employees are bound by professional secret not to divulge this kind of information, I think it's safe to submit these documents.

In my example it is not. It is just a translation company, one of thousands.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Details of jobs completed over last 3 years? Are you kidding me?!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »