Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
I want to name a non-paying agency, but am afraid that they revenge by giving nagative feedback on m
Thread poster: Kaori Kawakami
Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:45
Member (2008)
Italian to English
I disagree Aug 7, 2015

José Henrique Lamensdorf wrote:

Kaori Kawakami wrote:

I will give a '1' on their board.

Be careful to leave NO room for them to bite back.

For instance, based on your account, if you write something like:

"They sent me three jobs, only one of them with a PO. Refused payment on the two jobs clearly assigned to me via e-mail, but without a PO."

... they can't claim bad quality, late delivery, whatever, if they are ready to pay for the job you were assigned with a PO.

It's blatantly obvious that they are using THEIR OWN bureaucratic shortcomings to justify their defaulting on payment of what they rightfully owe you.

Don't say ANYTHING; just write "Unsatisfactory. Contact me in private for more details".

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:45
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Your post will be removed.... Aug 7, 2015

Kaori Kawakami wrote:

This non-paying company is XXXX

I'm afraid you're not allowed to name and shame agencies here. I expect your post will be removed soon - unless you change it !

Kaori Kawakami
Kaori Kawakami  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:45
Member (2015)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK Aug 7, 2015

Dear Tom,

Thank you for advising me.

I named here to warn you all that this is the company you have to be careful. But I was not allowed, I will step back.

Sorry, and thanks.

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 01:45
Japanese to English
Been there! Aug 7, 2015

Kaori Kawakami wrote:
So, up until now, I was thinking that this company first reserves me for security, and once they do that, they look for other translator with lower rates, and once they succeed, they simply say that 'It has been cancelled.''

Haha, I have a client like that. I just say "Yes" to whatever they're asking about and forget about it for the most part. 90% of the time they use the "cancelled" excuse, 5% they never come back and the last 5% the job comes through, at which point I take it if I'm still available or turn it down otherwise.

Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 20:45
English to Swedish
+ ...
Use the Blue Board but state your reasons clearly Nov 6, 2015

The Blue Board is a very powerful tool. It is the first place I go to check up new potential clients and if a company is not listed there or has too many bad ratings, I usually won't work with them.

I think a Blue Board entry should indicate your reasons for your dissatisfaction (or satisfaction), e.g. non-payment, etc.
Personally, I usually wouldn't pay too much attention to entries like:
"Unsatisfactory. Contact me in private for more details". (Too me, such an entry
... See more
The Blue Board is a very powerful tool. It is the first place I go to check up new potential clients and if a company is not listed there or has too many bad ratings, I usually won't work with them.

I think a Blue Board entry should indicate your reasons for your dissatisfaction (or satisfaction), e.g. non-payment, etc.
Personally, I usually wouldn't pay too much attention to entries like:
"Unsatisfactory. Contact me in private for more details". (Too me, such an entry somehow doesn't really convey a strong sense of credibility or relevance and I won't spend time contacting anyone either.) So, make your entry stronger than that, stating your reasons for the rating in general terms.

Thomas

[Edited at 2015-11-06 14:04 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I want to name a non-paying agency, but am afraid that they revenge by giving nagative feedback on m

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »