TermWiki
Thread poster: Evanthia Angelopoulou
Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 00:28
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Have vs Create Aug 29, 2015

Gabriele Demuth wrote: So having a glossary makes you an expert!?

That's not what Kevin said. He said

selling terminology glossaries they have created

Creating a glossary may not make you an expert in a particular field, but it surely is an indication, and it may very well be

a way to market yourself as an expert in a certain field

Creating it, not downloading it, that is.

Cheers,

Hans

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 02:28
I think you missed my next sentence Aug 29, 2015

Hi Gabriele,

First, maybe I wasn't clear, but I am not talking about just possessing a glossary, I'm talking about a glossary you have created in your work as a translator in a specific field of expertise.

Kevin Dias wrote:
IMO it is also a way to market yourself as an expert in a certain field. If you have glossaries in your specialty that translators have highly reviewed, I think this is one way to demonstrate your expertise and stand out from the crowd.

Again, this is not the only way, but one way to demonstrate your expertise. If you have a 500 term English to German medical glossary that your fellow English to German medical translators have all given 5 stars and great feedback on, I think this says something about your expertise. Same as if a doctor wrote a medical paper that was highly reviewed by peers in that field.

Kevin

Nina Gribanova
Nina Gribanova
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:28
English to Russian
+ ...
No payment Aug 10, 2016

Eva Angelopoulou wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has been paid by termwiki

My personal experience is negative. I invoiced the CSOFT project manager Edward Ednilao CC'ing TermWiki in March '15 and got no response at all. Neither from Edward nor from TermWiki. Tried again in August '15 and again got no response. And no money, of course.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TermWiki

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »