RightSignature - have you used it before?
Thread poster: Margarida Martins Costelha
Margarida Martins Costelha
Margarida Martins Costelha  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:11
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Oct 27, 2015

Dear colleagues,

An agency has asked me to sign an NDA and an MWA via a website called RightSignature.com

This site's terms of use and consumer disclosure consist of 22 A4 pages of legalese. It seems (though I can't actually tell for sure) that I need to pay to use their services. Also, I have few rights but all sorts of obligations, including paying their lawyers' fees should it all go pear shaped.

It's the first time I've heard of this. Have you used it
... See more
Dear colleagues,

An agency has asked me to sign an NDA and an MWA via a website called RightSignature.com

This site's terms of use and consumer disclosure consist of 22 A4 pages of legalese. It seems (though I can't actually tell for sure) that I need to pay to use their services. Also, I have few rights but all sorts of obligations, including paying their lawyers' fees should it all go pear shaped.

It's the first time I've heard of this. Have you used it before? Is it standard procedure?
Would you say it's safe?

Your opinion would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all,

Margarida
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:11
English to French
+ ...
Vote with your feet Oct 27, 2015

Repeat after me: "I do not have to work for that agency."

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Absolutely! Oct 27, 2015

JL01 wrote:
Repeat after me: "I do not have to work for that agency."

Mirja Maletzki
Mirja Maletzki  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:11
Korean to German
+ ...
Used it once Oct 28, 2015

I was asked to use it by two different companies. I just ignored the first one because it was a group mail and a company I didn't want to have anything to do with (non-payer, had the audacity to send me that email after payment was already over a year late).

The second time I was asked to use RightSignature was for a big, ongoing project that was everything I'd ever dreamt of and that I REALLY REALLY wanted. Sadly, the project didn't come through after all but long story short, I ha
... See more
I was asked to use it by two different companies. I just ignored the first one because it was a group mail and a company I didn't want to have anything to do with (non-payer, had the audacity to send me that email after payment was already over a year late).

The second time I was asked to use RightSignature was for a big, ongoing project that was everything I'd ever dreamt of and that I REALLY REALLY wanted. Sadly, the project didn't come through after all but long story short, I had no problems with RightSignature and didn't have to pay anything for it.

The company that asked me to use it is from the UK and has a solid Blue Board rating of 5, so I saw no reason not to.

[Bearbeitet am 2015-10-28 00:54 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2015-10-28 00:54 GMT]
Collapse

Portugal
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all... Oct 29, 2015

... for your input.

I had no objections to the agency itself, just to RightSignature.com. So I asked the agency to email me the documents, which they did. They also agreed to all my terms and more, so I decided to take a calculated risk and take on a project with them.

Let's see how it turns out. I'll keep you posted.

Portugal
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Nov 6, 2015

Everything went swimmingly.

Thanks again, friends. Have a great weekend!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

RightSignature - have you used it before?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »