Getting Google to delete misleading search engine content posted by an agency
Thread poster: Juliaq
Juliaq
Juliaq
Netherlands
Jan 14, 2016

Hello!

I Google myself sometimes, to make sure I haven't appeared tagged in any public photos for example, and this time... I found myself appearing on the website of an agency.

I did register with them a while ago, but never signed any terms stating that they could post any information about me publicly. The information includes incorrect and misleading elements, for example, stating that I have a Master's degree in translation, when in fact this is not the degree I ha
... See more
Hello!

I Google myself sometimes, to make sure I haven't appeared tagged in any public photos for example, and this time... I found myself appearing on the website of an agency.

I did register with them a while ago, but never signed any terms stating that they could post any information about me publicly. The information includes incorrect and misleading elements, for example, stating that I have a Master's degree in translation, when in fact this is not the degree I have. I certainly did not provide such incorrect information when I registered with them. They also have posted my language pairs mixed up!

This seems to have the potential to be very bad for my professional reputation, clients might for example, think that I change my language pairs and the information I provide to different clients, as well as privacy concerns for me, I am not pleased that they also provide my current location (at least not my exact address ! in search results anyone can see.

I contacted the agency requesting them to remove me and my information from their system, stating that they had published incorrect info I did not provide them with! It took them a few weeks to answer, and they have finally removed it, and the links that appear in Google search results lead to the home page of the agency.

I did the process copying the link to request Google to remove the information from their search results, stating that this was unauthorized on the part of the company, and a privacy concern from me. However, this was weeks ago, and they still appear. No answer from Google.

Unbelievably with the way they seem to treat translators, this agency has a score of 4.8 on the Blue Board.

By the way, I went to the Google Remove Information Page again, and all the requests I made to delete this unauthorized information (as actually all the top search results for my name were the unauthorized information published by this agency!) have disappeared.

Does anyone have experience getting search results removed from Google?

[Edited at 2016-01-14 03:53 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting Google to delete misleading search engine content posted by an agency

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »