Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
How to prove that you are a native speaker
Thread poster: Carolyn Oliveira
Neptunia
Neptunia
Local time: 01:42
Italian to English
Don't make them suspicious! Feb 15, 2016

As several contributors have indicated, there is no reason to assume they ever intended you provide any kind of proof. I am by no means an insider in this industry but if I were reviewing applications, it would seem like an alarm bell for someone to attempt to establish themselves as a native speaker by attaching documentary evidence like a passport or whatever. Since they indicate that preference, do work it into a statement on the application, CV, or cover letter or whatever materials you incl... See more
As several contributors have indicated, there is no reason to assume they ever intended you provide any kind of proof. I am by no means an insider in this industry but if I were reviewing applications, it would seem like an alarm bell for someone to attempt to establish themselves as a native speaker by attaching documentary evidence like a passport or whatever. Since they indicate that preference, do work it into a statement on the application, CV, or cover letter or whatever materials you include that says English is your native language. You might drop it in when you mention that you only translate into English and how you acquired your foreign language skills.Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to prove that you are a native speaker

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »