Services de Traduction
Thread poster: Martha CERVANTES
Martha CERVANTES
Martha CERVANTES  Identity Verified
Mexico
French to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 28, 2016

Which are, up to you, Translation Services?

Quels sont, pour vous, les Services de Traduction?

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 20:57
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Please be more specific Feb 28, 2016

Martha CERVANTES wrote:

Which are, up to you, Translation Services?

Quels sont, pour vous, les Services de Traduction?

That's a very wide-open question, Martha!

Please could you try to be more specific about what you would like to know? In one sense, 'translation services' is self-explanatory — so is you question really "What various kinds of services would you consider to be included by the term 'translation services'?" ?

To me, it just means 'translation' — in what context are you seeking to use or understand this term? Are you seeking to offer translation services? Or do you wish to know what someone means by offering translation services?

Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:57
French to Spanish
+ ...
My translation service Feb 28, 2016

Hello, in my translation service, I offer the following :

- Previous reading and evaluation of the text.
- Translation of the text.
- Revision 1: translation is correct and complete (checking with source text).
- Revision 2: translation is correctly expressed (checking without source text). Includes proofreading.
- If it's a sworn translation: printing, certification and delivering via certified mail (unless otherwise agreed with the client).

Gre
... See more
Hello, in my translation service, I offer the following :

- Previous reading and evaluation of the text.
- Translation of the text.
- Revision 1: translation is correct and complete (checking with source text).
- Revision 2: translation is correctly expressed (checking without source text). Includes proofreading.
- If it's a sworn translation: printing, certification and delivering via certified mail (unless otherwise agreed with the client).

Greetings.
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:57
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Services de traduction... Feb 28, 2016

Why are you asking such a question?

Puis-je vous demander pour quelle raison vous posez cette question?

Martha CERVANTES
Martha CERVANTES  Identity Verified
Mexico
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Services de Traduction Feb 28, 2016

Bien sûr!

Car je me rends compte qu'il existe, même su seins des écoles de traduction, une manque de connaissance sur les 'Services' proprement dit.
Quand on demande quels sont les services, la révision et le proofreading semblent ne pas exister.
Malheureusement il y a encore des institutions officielles qui demandent un traducteur pour une ‘consecutive’ ou pour ‘traduire depuis une cabine’ !

Of course !
I realize that, even i
... See more
Bien sûr!

Car je me rends compte qu'il existe, même su seins des écoles de traduction, une manque de connaissance sur les 'Services' proprement dit.
Quand on demande quels sont les services, la révision et le proofreading semblent ne pas exister.
Malheureusement il y a encore des institutions officielles qui demandent un traducteur pour une ‘consecutive’ ou pour ‘traduire depuis une cabine’ !

Of course !
I realize that, even in certain schools of translation, there is a lack of knowledge of what ‘Services’ is.
When you ask about this issue, revision or proofreading are not even taken into account.
Unfortunately, even now a day, some official institutions call a translator asking for a ‘consecutive’ mission or ‘translate into a booth’.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Services de Traduction

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »