Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My conclusion Apr 21, 2016

Given that it looks as though this thread has petered out, I wanted to once again thank all who contributed. In addition, my conclusion is that, while perhaps short of malicious, the act of sending a personally addressed e-mail (that is, in fact, a group e-mail) to a translator that references a job for which there is a pre-determined unwillingness to meet said translator's clearly established minimum rate is grossly inconsiderate and unethical.

Translation agencies should be expli
... See more
Given that it looks as though this thread has petered out, I wanted to once again thank all who contributed. In addition, my conclusion is that, while perhaps short of malicious, the act of sending a personally addressed e-mail (that is, in fact, a group e-mail) to a translator that references a job for which there is a pre-determined unwillingness to meet said translator's clearly established minimum rate is grossly inconsiderate and unethical.

Translation agencies should be explicitly required to subscribe to a code of business practices abjuring such behavior.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Malicious time-wasting by a PM?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »