Local time: 01:07
English to Italian
+ ...
OK Jun 14, 2016

Thomas T. Frost:
2G Trad:
Thomas T. Frost:
Thomas T. Frost:

Thanks. It works. Last time I looked into it, I found an article saying it wasn't possible.

In case others try this:

It worked for a few days, and then Skype shut itself down without warning to update itself, as Microsoft always know better than the user when to shut down software. "What we are doing with your computer is more important than what you are doing," is what they mean. After the update, it refused to sign in to the second account. After some searching, I found this:

https://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-archive/Secondary-Skype-stopped-working/td-p/4221470

One basically has to delete the entire configuration, profile photo and options and start from scratch. Then it works. Until they break it again with something else, I suppose. It's a typical Microsoft experience: "Yes, you may use this feature, but we have designed it in such a way that if you use it, it will mess up your settings so much that they become useless, and we'll make you do the entire configuration again from scratch because your time doesn't matter."

To get both accounts work together I do the following:
- Open primary account
- Open secondary account

Hope this helps
Gianni

So did I, but that was not enough to make it work, after it had messed up its own configuration files. I have explained what went wrong and how to fix it already.

OK. Skype has updated itself many times since I configured 2 accounts on my PC last year and I always get them work together without re-configuring them.
So I thought you should know the opening order of the accounts.

Cheers
Gianni

[Edited at 2016-06-14 17:04 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Timezone? What's a timezone?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »