Thread poster: Naomi Long

ahartje
Portugal
Local time: 00:45
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
With Christian Feb 9, 2018

I have been asked for such certificates just by clients from Spain and Greece, but in the moment you present your valid EU VAT ID, there is no need of any certificate.

A verification of this VAT ID (not the national one) is proof of being officially registered.

Villő Ujvári
Hungary
Local time: 01:45
English to Hungarian
+ ...
First time requesting the certificate Jun 21

Thank you all for discussing this topic so openly, it is great to read up on this before I hand in a request for the certificate.

As I have never done this before, I am a bit nervous about going through the process of getting a Tax Residency Certificate in my country. I never had to request one before, because none of my clients asked for a Certificate so far. The one that requested it is willing to work with me even though I told them it might take a while for me to receive the Cer
... See more
Thank you all for discussing this topic so openly, it is great to read up on this before I hand in a request for the certificate.

As I have never done this before, I am a bit nervous about going through the process of getting a Tax Residency Certificate in my country. I never had to request one before, because none of my clients asked for a Certificate so far. The one that requested it is willing to work with me even though I told them it might take a while for me to receive the Certificate. So right now I am trying to figure out how this works and whether it is necessary.

As they seem to be a client worth my time, I am willing to go through the process, but I can't deny the fact that I feel a little sceptical about whether it is necessary for me to do this.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation agency asking for certificate of tax residence

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Termsøk
  • Jobber
  • Forumer
  • Multiple search