Hasan Yelok
Hasan Yelok
Türkiye
Local time: 03:35
English to Turkish
+ ...
Dec 20, 2017

Hey everyone,

I have applied for the Amazon's freelance translator job, but i haven't received any news from them for like 2 months. Did anyone else apply to them? What was their response time like? Also, do they send translation jobs steadily or sporadically?

I'd appreciate it if someone could answer these questions and provide me with more information about them.

Thanks.

DarwinE
DarwinE  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
Greetings Mr. Venom Dec 20, 2017

I went through a similar experience. I can't remember exactly how long, but it took many months, more than two months sounds about right. They were at least kind enough to tell me "Your application has been accepted but we do not have any tasks in your language pair at the moment. We will let you know when we have something."

After I received my first task I've received about 1-2 jobs a month, each one averaging about 600-900 words (before repetitions).

Chiara Scanavino
Chiara Scanavino
Germany
English to Italian
+ ...
Quick and precise Dec 20, 2017

Hello!

I have applied for Amazon too. For now they have been quick: in one month I did the application and the configuration of my bank account. Now I'm waiting for my next translation from German into Italian. I hope they are as quick as until now!

Onur Inal
Onur Inal  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 01:35
English to Turkish
+ ...
EN > TR Dec 23, 2017

One of my colleagues applied for the EN > TR position. He waited for about 6-7 months and was interviewed twice. But at the end, he has been hired and received quite a good amount of assignments. So, it takes a lot of time to get in..

Hasan Yelok
Hasan Yelok
Türkiye
Local time: 03:35
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
So it varies... Dec 26, 2017

So it seems their response time varies from language to language then. But their overall response time is not that fast either. Thanks for the responses everyone!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Amazon DE-TR Freelance Translator Application

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »