Mariana Gonzalez Salso
Mariana Gonzalez Salso
Argentina
Local time: 14:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 9, 2018

Hi, dear colleagues.
I've been applying for a couple of job positions and I got a reply from an Indian agency saying that I had been short listed.
They asked me to sign an NDA document and send it back to them
What does that really mean?

Greg Strider
Greg Strider
Brazil
Local time: 14:09
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Non-disclosure agreement Sep 9, 2018

I'm not even sure if I understood your question, but an NDA is a non-disclosure agreement, a set of rules to restrict the use of information and ensure the confidentiality of any material sent for translation.

Pretty much every agency will ask you to sign an NDA and those tend to be very straightforward documents, but you should obviously always read anything you sign carefuly.

[Edited at 2018-09-09 05:17 GMT]

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
digisign Sep 9, 2018

Mariana, it simply implies that IF you have agreed ALL the terms and ready to work with that agency, THEN IF you want, you could sign a non-competition clause. Otherwise, you could ADD/REMOVE/CHANGE any terms before signing--digitally or in paper.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Información about NDA document

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »