Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
A client refusing to pay the full amount and Proz.com deletes my Blueboard review
Thread poster: Tuncay Kurt
Phoenix III
Phoenix III  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
"A client refusing to pay the full amount and Proz.com deletes my Blueboard review" Oct 22, 2018

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

Hello,

I understand you are still in contact with the ProZ staff about this matter, so I guess you'll have to wait and see with them regarding your BlueBoard entry and outsourcer issue. Was the ticket closed? If so, I would still create a new one.

Here are the BlueBoard rules, so you can check if your entry or actions were in line with these rules: https://www.proz.com/?sp=siterules&mode=show&category=blue_board_bb_blueboard

As for further actions, I hope other colleagues chime in, as I have had no non-payment issues so far.

Jean

Hi,

I had a similar experience with a client. After I gave a very honest review of their business practices to protect other colleagues (I thought that was the purpose of BB) I started getting emails from other employees (not the project manager I had worked with) of the company asking me to change my BB comments. The check finally arrived and I updated my BB but I for honesty's sake I left the comment regarding late payment and such. Mysteriously, positive comments started appearing and BB changed my comments. On another such client, BB would not allow me to post a negative comment about receiving payment after 3+ months. BB is not a reliable source for prospective customers since Proz will not allow the truth to come out and agencies post fake comments from unreliable sources.

Álvaro Espantaleón Moreno
Tom in London
writeaway
Sanghyo Lee

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:05
Member (2008)
Italian to English
That's why--- Oct 23, 2018

Robert Forstag wrote:

I think that the more accurate view is that if BB ratings for a given agency are numerous and positive, then you can *probably* rest assured that you will receive timely payment.

Such an approach has been advocated numerous times in these forums.

Yes, I used to think that too.

Lian Pang
Lian Pang  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:05
Member (2018)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Be sure to read into the reviews Oct 23, 2018

Tom in London wrote:

From past experience, I don't trust any BlueBoard reviews, no matter what. The BB doesn't work. Something should be done about it. But probably won't be.

Just recently I was contacted by an agency that had good BB ratings and being in the middle of other work, I didn't reflect and said OK to them. Sure enough when the time came for payment, they didn't pay and I had to resort to....let's call them "other measures" to make them pay me.

To slightly distort a common Italian saying: "It's good to trust the BB. It's even better not to".

[Edited at 2018-10-22 12:01 GMT]

There are certainly ways to "manually" get very high BB rating. Just like those badly-made games on app store with insanely high scores.

I agree with Tom, partially. BB has been working okay for me. But be sure to ALWAYS, AAALLLWAYS look into the reviews. If they are flooded with 5 star ratings but no comment, or all left by new users/unverified users, better check out the lowest rating and what they have to say.

A credit check service can come in handy too.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A client refusing to pay the full amount and Proz.com deletes my Blueboard review

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »