Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 03:56
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Feb 10, 2019

As a freelancer I have shared a lot of information about me with a number of companies.

Lately I have been combing through their list, paring it down to alive-and-kicking short list. The problem: I have yet to find a single one with a "forget-me" option. So (sigh) dear agents and agencies, check this out:

https://gdprchecklist.io/

You can make it, if you try. A forget-me
... See more
As a freelancer I have shared a lot of information about me with a number of companies.

Lately I have been combing through their list, paring it down to alive-and-kicking short list. The problem: I have yet to find a single one with a "forget-me" option. So (sigh) dear agents and agencies, check this out:

https://gdprchecklist.io/

You can make it, if you try. A forget-me button will do.

smo
Collapse

Renée van Bijsterveld

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Does GDPR even apply here? Feb 11, 2019

Isn't this business data rather than personal data?

I'm curious though about why you see this as a problem. You gave them the data. What harm is it doing?

And why can't you just send them an email and ask them?

Daryo

Daryo
Daryo
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:56
Serbian to English
+ ...
Unless you are buying Feb 11, 2019

from these agencies something in your private capacity / as an individual consumer instead of selling your services / being in business with them what's the GDPR got to do at all in this story???

It might be only you, but for these agencies you are a supplier - a business. Get these basics right.

You can't stop anyone building a database of commercial suppliers - do you ask for anyone's permission if you start making a list of builders you might us
... See more
from these agencies something in your private capacity / as an individual consumer instead of selling your services / being in business with them what's the GDPR got to do at all in this story???

It might be only you, but for these agencies you are a supplier - a business. Get these basics right.

You can't stop anyone building a database of commercial suppliers - do you ask for anyone's permission if you start making a list of builders you might use to renovate your house?

[Edited at 2019-02-11 19:49 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-02-11 21:00 GMT]
Collapse

Richard Varga (X)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

To agents and agencies: The GDPR Compliance Checklist

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »