Harold Assou-Dodji
Harold Assou-Dodji  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 20:50
French to English
+ ...
Jul 18, 2019

Dear colleagues:
I have been in discussions with a European organisation concerning an impending 2000-delegate conference in Africa they want my firm to interpret. But they are complaining about the price quotation for the conference despite having given the minimum rate for interpreters. They want to meet with me for further discussions and negotiations. Please what advice would you give me to strengthen my position at this meeting? Info not want to reduce further the rate for professiona
... See more
Dear colleagues:
I have been in discussions with a European organisation concerning an impending 2000-delegate conference in Africa they want my firm to interpret. But they are complaining about the price quotation for the conference despite having given the minimum rate for interpreters. They want to meet with me for further discussions and negotiations. Please what advice would you give me to strengthen my position at this meeting? Info not want to reduce further the rate for professional reasons. Can you share with me a sample contract for conference interpretation that I can let them sign after confirmation?. Many thanks.

[Edited at 2019-07-18 11:46 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-07-18 12:50 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Negotiating an Interpreting Contract

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »