Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:07
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Agree Oct 18, 2019

I noticed the same, but this has been going on for quite a few years already. I guess the easier translations go to 'cheaper' translators, I get the more difficult ones. They consider me too expensive for more basic jobs.

[Bijgewerkt op 2019-10-18 06:05 GMT]

mroed
Tom in London
Rachel Waddington
Dan Lucas
Vi Pukite
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Tradupro17

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:07
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Same here Oct 18, 2019

There's nothing I like better than a long, challenging translation.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Peter van der Hoek
Carolina Finley

Anne Lee
Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:07
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
More time-consuming administrative tasks Oct 21, 2019

I tend to agree that more is expected from translators by agencies imposing more administrative tasks. For example, after accepting an urgent translation job, you may be given a customer-specific style guide and glossary. You may be asked to complete a checklist, an Excel sheet with comments in a specific format, or asked to use a specific encryption program. Many agencies now have complex platforms you need to log into to download or upload files and to submit your invoice. They may only work i... See more
I tend to agree that more is expected from translators by agencies imposing more administrative tasks. For example, after accepting an urgent translation job, you may be given a customer-specific style guide and glossary. You may be asked to complete a checklist, an Excel sheet with comments in a specific format, or asked to use a specific encryption program. Many agencies now have complex platforms you need to log into to download or upload files and to submit your invoice. They may only work in specific browsers, so you need to remember or record those details. You may be asked only to submit invoices at the end of the month, or in a specific format, which takes up more time. If you work for over 50 agencies, as I do, it can indeed get complicated.Collapse

Maciek Drobka
Marijke Singer
Robert Rietvelt
Rachel Waddington

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

assignments getting more demanding

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »