Thread poster: Vaclav Hruza
Prosper NKENFACK
Prosper NKENFACK
France
Local time: 14:17
Italian
+ ...
Coronavirus is tragical in Italy Mar 13, 2020

Coronavirus is doing tremendous damage in italy.
Before his arrival, our sector was doing very well. Now the situation is changing negatively. It seems that we who often have no physical contact with people don't have problems. Let's not forget that our customers are often companies. We also often collaborate with institutions, etc. All these institutions are closed. Usually when summer comes we work with the tourism sector: Hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, tour guides are all closed
... See more
Coronavirus is doing tremendous damage in italy.
Before his arrival, our sector was doing very well. Now the situation is changing negatively. It seems that we who often have no physical contact with people don't have problems. Let's not forget that our customers are often companies. We also often collaborate with institutions, etc. All these institutions are closed. Usually when summer comes we work with the tourism sector: Hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, tour guides are all closed now. I don't know how it will end.
Collapse

Sabrina Bruna

Robin LEPLUMEY
Robin LEPLUMEY
France
English to French
+ ...
Covid-related jobs Mar 16, 2020

I have just received my first translation project about Covid-19. It's a letter from a major IT company to their customers which addresses the current situation and its impact on business. No doubt there will be plenty of similar translation jobs during the following weeks...

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Can you please explain? Mar 16, 2020

Vaclav Hruza wrote:

I also think it will concern all language pairs somewhat equally, maybe with the exception of Italian (?).

What do you mean with the sentence "with the exception of Italian"?

Tom in London

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:17
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Translation projects about Covid-19 Mar 17, 2020

Robin LEPLUMEY wrote:

I have just received my first translation project about Covid-19. It's a letter from a major IT company to their customers which addresses the current situation and its impact on business. No doubt there will be plenty of similar translation jobs during the following weeks...

I’ve been surprised by the lack of translations about Covid-19. I did a first translation (EN-PT) at the end of January for a German Group advising their Portuguese workers placed in China on the do’s and dont's during this crisis and then last week I did another one for the OPOCE explaining why answering some emails might take longer than usual.

Petra Molenaar

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:17
German to Turkish
+ ...
Partially affected in EN/DE into TR Mar 17, 2020

I mostly translate patents and at least for my language pair, I do not expect a remarkable decline. Other projects (chemistry and medical texts) slowed down a bit and are currently limited to Covid-19-related warnings, announcements and information documents.

This is on a personal level though, I lack any knowledge and insight concerning the possible effects of the coming crisis.

Stay safe and healthy!
Elif

Ildiko Santana
Ildiko Santana  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:17
Member (2002)
Hungarian to English
+ ...

Interpret America - COVID-19's Urgent Message: All for One and One for All Mar 17, 2020

COVID-19's Urgent Message: All for One and One for All
By B.S. Olsen and K. Allen

"COVID-19 has crashed into everyone’s world with a suddenness for which no one was prepared. For the first time since World War II, humanity as a whole is experiencing a shared crisis that will require creativity, grit and resilience to overcome. For our beloved profession of interpreting and the critical language access we provide all over the world, the imperative is clear. We need an “all
... See more
COVID-19's Urgent Message: All for One and One for All
By B.S. Olsen and K. Allen

"COVID-19 has crashed into everyone’s world with a suddenness for which no one was prepared. For the first time since World War II, humanity as a whole is experiencing a shared crisis that will require creativity, grit and resilience to overcome. For our beloved profession of interpreting and the critical language access we provide all over the world, the imperative is clear. We need an “all for one, one for all” response."

https://www.interpretamerica.com/post/covid-19-s-urgent-message-all-for-one-and-one-for-all?fbclid=IwAR2VAOFRrHJ3wbTvV3ggnDP19CEHQqZj-v1VqBcVLLV8cMBcp05lAMkOX5Y
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Predicting consequences of coronavirus on the translation business

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »