Hiding 100% matches and numbers in a set of accounts
Thread poster: philgoddard
philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Mar 26, 2019

I know this is a very basic question, but I bought CafeTran today, specifically to proofread someone else's translation of a very large set of accounts, and I'm a relative novice to TM.

I know the numbers in the account tables are correct, so I don't need to review them. How do I hide segments consisting only of numbers?

There are also large numbers of 100% matches that I don't want to see. Again, how do I hide them?

I've tried looking in the user manual
... See more
I know this is a very basic question, but I bought CafeTran today, specifically to proofread someone else's translation of a very large set of accounts, and I'm a relative novice to TM.

I know the numbers in the account tables are correct, so I don't need to review them. How do I hide segments consisting only of numbers?

There are also large numbers of 100% matches that I don't want to see. Again, how do I hide them?

I've tried looking in the user manual and on Google, but I'm not sure what term to search for.

Thanks very much!
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Skip segments Mar 26, 2019

Hello,

The official knowledge base is here: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions
Inside it, you will find links to my Reference documents, they are not a manual, but they contain 200+ pages of reference informa
... See more
Hello,

The official knowledge base is here: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions
Inside it, you will find links to my Reference documents, they are not a manual, but they contain 200+ pages of reference information: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000186313-reference-documents

I don’t recommend learning the ropes of a new software while working on a professional project. You need to spend some time to learn it, and there is no way around this.

In which tool this review project was created first? CafeTran or an external project? I assume it’s CafeTran.

---

You could do that:

Action > Skip > Numbers
Action > Skip > Exact memory matches

When you advance to the next segment, the segments with numbers or exact matches will be skipped.

An alternative:

Action > Skip > Checked segments (enable)
Filter > Origin > Exact and context matches, then, on this filtered view: Task > Set checked status for target segments
then, remove the Filter (press the Filter button) and:
Filter > Origin > Segments with numbers, then, on this filtered view: Task > Set checked status for target segments
remove the filter.

Now all exact matches and segments with numbers are marked as Checked, and because you have defined that Checked segments are skipped, you can keep reviewing the remaining ones using the relevant actions found in the Action menu.

Jean
Collapse

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Mar 26, 2019

Thank you very much, Jean. I really appreciate your help.

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:53
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
@Jean Mar 26, 2019

I just noticed that this solution only works for positive number. Negative numbers (e.g. -17,315) are not skipped. Can you confirm this?

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Segments with no letter Mar 26, 2019

Hello Irene,

I can't test this now, but CafeTran might consider that a segment such as -17,315 is not purely a number, the minus sign being a non alphabetic character (maybe the comma too?).

For the first solution, you can try Action > Skip > Segments with no letter.

For the second, use Filter > Segments with no letters, and apply the Checked status to these as well. You can also try Filter > Non-translatables segments.

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:53
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Thank you Mar 26, 2019

Hi Jean,

Thanks a lot for your answer: skip segments with no letters works perfectly! (I could have figured this out myself ...;-))

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hiding 100% matches and numbers in a set of accounts

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »