Nicolas Gambardella
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:02
Member (2019)
English to French
+ ...
Apr 25, 2019

Hello,

I am using Cafetran croissant for a fairly large work. I would like to export only the parts I already translated. However, so far I am only able to export the whole document, with the part I already processed included in the target language, and the rest included in the source language. I thus have to delete the latter in the export file to obtain a clean partial translation. This is quite tedious and error prone.

Is there any option I missed that control that b
... See more
Hello,

I am using Cafetran croissant for a fairly large work. I would like to export only the parts I already translated. However, so far I am only able to export the whole document, with the part I already processed included in the target language, and the rest included in the source language. I thus have to delete the latter in the export file to obtain a clean partial translation. This is quite tedious and error prone.

Is there any option I missed that control that behaviour?
Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:02
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Paging Apr 25, 2019

The feature in question means the deletion of the untranslated source text, which would change paging and possibly layout of the exported target language document. However, you can get quite close to what you wish as follows:

1. Choose in the menu Filter > Target segments preview.
2. Choose Project > Export and exchange > To HTML... .
3. Open the exported HTML document in Ms Word or LibreOffice.

Nicolas Gambardella
Nicolas Gambardella
United Kingdom
Member (2019)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
empty pages Apr 25, 2019

Thanks Igor, that is a step in the right direction.

The result indeed contains only the translated segments, but also empty entries for all the non-translated segments. The file is huge, and the translated bits are sparsed. For instance, the chapter titles are in the TOC and at the beginning of each chapter. All the non-translated chapters as made of empty segments.

This is not too important in the present case, but I can imagine situations where more complex translat
... See more
Thanks Igor, that is a step in the right direction.

The result indeed contains only the translated segments, but also empty entries for all the non-translated segments. The file is huge, and the translated bits are sparsed. For instance, the chapter titles are in the TOC and at the beginning of each chapter. All the non-translated chapters as made of empty segments.

This is not too important in the present case, but I can imagine situations where more complex translation structures occur, for instance if one translates together all parts that are related, e.g. for a technical specification, the TOC, the summary, the complete description, the corresponding appendices etc.

Thanks for your help and your great software.
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
DOCX documents? Apr 25, 2019

Are you, by any chance, translating DOCX documents? (If so, a workaround would be possible.)

Nicolas Gambardella
Nicolas Gambardella
United Kingdom
Member (2019)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DOCX documents Apr 25, 2019

I do actually.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Private mail Apr 25, 2019

Nicolas Le Novere wrote:

I do actually.

Thanks. I'll contact you via private mail.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to export unfinished translations

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »