Thread poster: Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Feb 19, 2019

Trying to get this headache of a system operating. I finally connect to the TM etc. and it is showing all Thai characters like below.

Any advice appreciated!!!

Thai characters work fine in all other Windows programs, just TWS has this problem!

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 10.53.51 am

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:39
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Dylan Feb 19, 2019

Dylan Jan Hartmann wrote:
Thai characters work fine in all other Windows programs, just TWS has this problem!

In the Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor, does fiddling with the font settings in View > Segment View > Font and in View > Document View > Font change anything?

[Edited at 2019-02-19 07:13 GMT]

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Don't know what happened, but it's now working Feb 19, 2019

I kept on persisting, thinking I'd test TWS with a plain word docx that contained some Thai.

My first attempt failed, and it then refused to let me import any docx.

I restarted parallels (running Windows on Mac) and had to update a bunch of things (took half the day) and tried another docx.

It worked!

I then tried importing the original xlz files sent by the PM and they now worked!

I'll try avoid complaining about how clunky, slow
... See more
I kept on persisting, thinking I'd test TWS with a plain word docx that contained some Thai.

My first attempt failed, and it then refused to let me import any docx.

I restarted parallels (running Windows on Mac) and had to update a bunch of things (took half the day) and tried another docx.

It worked!

I then tried importing the original xlz files sent by the PM and they now worked!

I'll try avoid complaining about how clunky, slow or poor the TWS UI is on this thread.

Thanks for getting back to me! Much appreciated!

Dylan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor showing Thai characters as computer code

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »