Fluency Now: Java FX fatal error
Thread poster: Sabsi
Sabsi
Sabsi
Austria
Jul 31, 2019

Hello all,

After 10 years of using Trados, I'm at a new job where I have to use a Mac. It's a small enterprise so I can't spend a lot on CAT software. I tried out Fluency Now and liked it. After I signed up for the monthly subscription, I attempted to download the program again and I haven't gotten it to work since.

When I open the program, I only see the loading screen and an error message: "A fatal error has occured: Fluency was unable to find Java FX. Please contact
... See more
Hello all,

After 10 years of using Trados, I'm at a new job where I have to use a Mac. It's a small enterprise so I can't spend a lot on CAT software. I tried out Fluency Now and liked it. After I signed up for the monthly subscription, I attempted to download the program again and I haven't gotten it to work since.

When I open the program, I only see the loading screen and an error message: "A fatal error has occured: Fluency was unable to find Java FX. Please contact [email protected] for more info." Nothing else happens and I have to force close the program.

Unfortunately, my repeated attempts to contact support at Western Standard have failed. I've tried four difference email addresses. The one email I received back told me to download Java 8, which I had already done. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, no luck.

Does anyone have any advice before I cancel my subscription? I'm new to Mac OS so I'm open to the suggestion that I've overlooked something super obvious. It's really frustrating that it worked so well for the trial month and has now totally broken down.

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Responsive support Jul 31, 2019

Sabsi wrote:

Hello all,

After 10 years of using Trados, I'm at a new job where I have to use a Mac. It's a small enterprise so I can't spend a lot on CAT software.

Did you see this:

https://www.proz.com/tgb/1211

Georgi Kovachev
Georgi Kovachev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 10:56
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Try to use the Help -> Send Support Email menu Aug 2, 2019

I am surprised to read you have received no support. My requests are usually responded to within a couple of hours. I am really pleased with their support.
Before closing the program, try to use the Help -> Send Support Email menu and tick the Add Attachments field and Attach my Config file to this email.

Good luck!

Sabsi
Sabsi
Austria
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Aug 2, 2019

I got an answer from support - it seems my emails were all being caught in the spam filter.

There was an update to the program which caused an issue between the versions of Java installed on my system. If I understood the tech support guy correctly, Fluency was confused by me having a newer version of Java installed than it expected to find and threw an error.

Tech support contacted me and remotely fixed the problem, I'm back to work!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fluency Now: Java FX fatal error

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »