Thread poster: Justine Vernera
Justine Vernera
Justine Vernera
Latvia
Latvian to English
+ ...
May 2, 2020

Dear Translators' community,

Has anyone else stumbled upon this problem? I started using 2 screens for my work and freaked out a bit when my XLIFF Editor file kept freezing. I blamed connectivity issues on this, but it turned out that it does it when trying to simultaneously use two monitors. It got back to normal as soon as I switched one of them off.

Is there a solution to this and is the problem on the software side at all?

UPD: Solved: The app f
... See more
Dear Translators' community,

Has anyone else stumbled upon this problem? I started using 2 screens for my work and freaked out a bit when my XLIFF Editor file kept freezing. I blamed connectivity issues on this, but it turned out that it does it when trying to simultaneously use two monitors. It got back to normal as soon as I switched one of them off.

Is there a solution to this and is the problem on the software side at all?

UPD: Solved: The app freezes if the window is not ENTIRELY placed in one of the screens.

[Edited at 2020-05-03 09:21 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XLIFF Translation Workspace Editor lagging when using two monitors

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »