CAT with filter for segs with spelling errors. Is there any?
Thread poster: mikhailo

mikhailo
Local time: 01:45
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 10

What CAT can filter segments with spelling errors in source and translation and support OO/Hunspell and MSO proofing?

 

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:45
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Did you try Verifika? Feb 10

It returns the list of spelling mistakes so you see only these segments, no need to go over the whole file.

Recep Kurt
Felipe Lacerda
 

mikhailo
Local time: 01:45
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Feb 10

Natalie wrote:

It returns the list of spelling mistakes so you see only these segments, no need to go over the whole file.



I've asked about CAT, not QA tools. Vfk have a lot of disadvantages for my purposes, e.g. it doesn't allow to correct source errors.


 

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:45
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
I understand what you asking about Feb 10

However, in my humble opinion, it is better to get rid of errors in the source before opening the source file in a CAT tool. CAT tools are not intended for correcting source files.

 

mikhailo
Local time: 01:45
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Feb 10

Natalie wrote:

However, in my humble opinion, it is better to get rid of errors in the source before opening the source file in a CAT tool. CAT tools are not intended for correcting source files.


I understand your opinion. But my task is — to speed up proofing of scanned multilang source with 6+ languages and 100K+ segs..

[Редактировалось 2021-02-10 13:11 GMT]

VFK opens file with only 2 lang more than 4!!!! hours....

[Редактировалось 2021-02-10 13:13 GMT]

[Редактировалось 2021-02-10 20:04 GMT]


 

Hans Lenting  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
CafeTran Espresso - partly ... Feb 10

mikhailo wrote:

What CAT can filter segments with spelling errors in source and translation and support OO/Hunspell and MSO proofing?


CafeTran Espresso can filter segments with spelling errors in translation and support OO/Hunspell. It cannot filter on spelling errors in the source, nor can it use MSO proofing. It *does* allow to correct source errors (but you have to find them manually).

Or ...

You could do this:

  • Clone the project.
  • Copy all sources to targets.
  • Run List all spelling errors.
  • Use the thus created list in F/R in source segments.


Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 14.17.08

and:

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 14.16.54


[Edited at 2021-02-10 13:18 GMT]


 

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:45
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
@ mikhailo Feb 10

Please do not reload this page with editing window opened, otherwise your post needs to be vetted again each time.

This link to this page is https://www.proz.com/topic/349312


 

Hans Lenting  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Was my answer of any help? Feb 12

mikhailo wrote:

What CAT can filter segments with spelling errors in source and translation and support OO/Hunspell and MSO proofing?


I'm was wondering: was the procedure I described of any help? Did you test it?


 

mikhailo
Local time: 01:45
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Feb 12

Hans Lenting wrote:

mikhailo wrote:

What CAT can filter segments with spelling errors in source and translation and support OO/Hunspell and MSO proofing?


I'm was wondering: was the procedure I described of any help? Did you test it?



I've been busy a bit....
Thanks Hans. Having tried some ways I've chosen HSpell program. It can extract all non-dictionary words from text on any lang (if there is a dic). It's small, free and works in seconds. The only problem - it does not suport MSO dic files


 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:45
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Mikhailo Feb 12

mikhailo wrote:
I've chosen HSpell program. It can extract all non-dictionary words from text on any language (if there is a dictionary). It's small, free and works in seconds. The only problem - it does not support MSO dictionary files.


Well, if all you're interested in are a list of misspelt words, then you can use a macro in MS Word. See the links that I posted in this post.


 

mikhailo
Local time: 01:45
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Feb 12

Samuel Murray wrote:

mikhailo wrote:
I've chosen HSpell program. It can extract all non-dictionary words from text on any language (if there is a dictionary). It's small, free and works in seconds. The only problem - it does not support MSO dictionary files.


Well, if all you're interested in are a list of misspelt words, then you can use a macro in MS Word. See the links that I posted in this post.


Very interesting. I've added macro to my macros collection.
I need not only extracting words, I also need to replace wrong words with correct ones.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CAT with filter for segs with spelling errors. Is there any?

Advanced search







Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Termsøk
  • Jobber
  • Forumer
  • Multiple search