Cannot start Deja Vu X3 Professional for Windows 10. Deja Vu refuses support, over 4 days.
Thread poster: TechLawDC
TechLawDC
TechLawDC  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:24
Member (2004)
German to English
+ ...
Jan 29, 2019

I have gone through Update and Repair and it still won't start. I have a standard Hewlett Packard desktop computer running Windows 10 Professional, Version 1803.
Error message: "Unexpected Error
DejaVuX3 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
This error has been reported on a previous occasion
We have created an error report that yo
... See more
I have gone through Update and Repair and it still won't start. I have a standard Hewlett Packard desktop computer running Windows 10 Professional, Version 1803.
Error message: "Unexpected Error
DejaVuX3 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
This error has been reported on a previous occasion
We have created an error report that you can send to help us to improve DejaVuX3. We will treat this report as confidential.
Technical Details:
DejaVuX3.mEnayption.Init Line: 5
429: ActiveX component can't create object
To view additional information on this error, or see what data this error report contains, click here"
=====
Has anyone else with a non-start problem succeeded in getting Deja Vu X3 to start, with or without support from Atril Support?
It is my opinion that this company has changed radically, for the worse.
29 Jan 2019, 15:01 GMT.
Collapse

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:24
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Update W10 to version 1809 Jan 29, 2019

TechLawDC wrote:

Please see headline.

TechLawDC wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 15:01 GMT.

Only recently Atril has adressed these issues with an update (build 9.0.765). Did you follow the update?
Perhaps you need to re-install DV X3, after you have upgraded W10 to the above version. Don´t forget to update X3 too.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 15:24
English to Turkish
+ ...
765 Jan 29, 2019

Did you see https://atrilsolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205537041-429

I think you should download and install the latest version 765.

TechLawDC
TechLawDC  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:24
Member (2004)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
After the obligatory updates, DVX3 would start but would not open files or projects. See explan. Mar 13, 2019

After the obligatory updates, DVX3 would start but would not open files or projects.
Reason: I gave Atril Solutions access to my PC and they determined that the problem was a problem integrating with Microsoft File Explorer.
I relayed this information to Microsoft Windows 10 Support. They performed numerous tests and concluded that my Windows 10 Professional 64-bit was hopelessly corrupted beyond their ability to repair.
Even though DVX3 is the only program I am havin
... See more
After the obligatory updates, DVX3 would start but would not open files or projects.
Reason: I gave Atril Solutions access to my PC and they determined that the problem was a problem integrating with Microsoft File Explorer.
I relayed this information to Microsoft Windows 10 Support. They performed numerous tests and concluded that my Windows 10 Professional 64-bit was hopelessly corrupted beyond their ability to repair.
Even though DVX3 is the only program I am having significant problems with, Microsoft said that in order to revive DVX3 capability I must "clean install" Windows 10, thus deleting all programs and data on my computer.
When I asked Atril Solutions (approximately 7 times) for permission and instructions on how to temporarily migrate DVX3 to my secondary PC during the 100 hours or so that it will take me to properly carry out the "clean install" of Windows on my primary PC, they refused to answer. (No doubt a breach of contract.)
Collapse

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Client is always* right, but EULA disclaimer Mar 13, 2019

Refusing to help and ignoring The technical support issues...

Once, some fifteen years ago, I got really tired of constant registry cleanings, annoying files replacements, faulty system points saves and restores, external backups and the rest, so I installed a virtual machine (soon replacing VirtualPC with free Oracle VM VirtualBox), set it up, made a snapshot and--voilà! It's a pit
... See more
Refusing to help and ignoring The technical support issues...

Once, some fifteen years ago, I got really tired of constant registry cleanings, annoying files replacements, faulty system points saves and restores, external backups and the rest, so I installed a virtual machine (soon replacing VirtualPC with free Oracle VM VirtualBox), set it up, made a snapshot and--voilà! It's a pity the vast majority of users are not aware of such a solution, let alone ignorantly mistaking VM for pirating.

Meanwhile, I must not worry about updates, corrupted or missing files, reinstalls or anything for I can run the VM under any OS on my any PC. Why, I even can easily make a cluster (network) of such several machines, if required.
Collapse

mikhailo
mikhailo
Local time: 15:24
English to Russian
+ ...
re Mar 14, 2019

TechLawDC wrote:
=====
Has anyone else with a non-start problem succeeded in getting Deja Vu X3 to start, with or without support from Atril Support?

May be Atril peoples work very very hard on new DVX4 that should appear in Q1 2019 acc. to latest known promises.....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot start Deja Vu X3 Professional for Windows 10. Deja Vu refuses support, over 4 days.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »