InDesign Inserting new page problem
Thread poster: Phrase9
Phrase9
Phrase9  Identity Verified
South Africa
Arabic to English
May 12, 2014

Dear Colleagues

I am a novice at Adobe InDesign. My question is this: I am doing an editing job where I insert edits into an existing InDesign book. Now with the edits there have been more words added to the original document. I need to add 2 new pages to contain them. I have added the new pages using the 'pages' tab but the problem is that when my typing reaches the end of the page just before the new added page, the text jumps to the original next page and does not get added to th
... See more
Dear Colleagues

I am a novice at Adobe InDesign. My question is this: I am doing an editing job where I insert edits into an existing InDesign book. Now with the edits there have been more words added to the original document. I need to add 2 new pages to contain them. I have added the new pages using the 'pages' tab but the problem is that when my typing reaches the end of the page just before the new added page, the text jumps to the original next page and does not get added to the new page. In other words it skips the new pages I added.

I hope I have made my problem clear and would appreciate any urgent guidance I can get. (The document is in Arabic by the way but I don't believe the language is related to the problem).
Collapse

Sorour
Sorour
Local time: 22:32
Italian to Arabic
+ ...
mail me your file May 12, 2014

mail your file and let me know your Indesign version.

Sorour

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:32
German to Swedish
+ ...
Rethread text flow May 12, 2014

Indesign works with text frames. You'll need to rethread the text flow to whatever frames you want to use. (Google it... also Indesign has a good help functionality.)

Incidentally, if you're on this hardly-even-beginner level with Indesign, you probably shouldn't be delivering finished Indesign documents to anybody.

Phrase9
Phrase9  Identity Verified
South Africa
Arabic to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 12, 2014

Thanks Joakim

It was supposed to be a straightforward job where I just copy ready made edits from Word and past them into InDesign. Thanks, Ill research text frames

Rodrigo Castillo H.
Rodrigo Castillo H.
Chile
Local time: 16:32
English to Spanish
Rethreading problem Jun 2, 2014

You have to add text frames to the new pages using the text frame tool, and then rethread the text frames. To rethread the frames you have to use the in and out ports of the text frames. That's the basic idea. Hope it helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

InDesign Inserting new page problem

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »