What's signed DTP Agreement (Individual or Service Company)?
Thread poster: Zahraa Omar
Zahraa Omar
Zahraa Omar  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:20
Member (2012)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 13, 2016

Hello,

Few days ago, I quoted on a huge DTP project, and today the client came back with questions and demands; among which there are two I'm not sure I understand;

1- "Software List with all currently licensed and available software checked"

2- signed DTP Agreement (Individual or Service Company)"; I used to receive agreements and/or contracts from clients and sign them. This is the first time I'm asked to send "my" agreement. I don't have one. I
... See more
Hello,

Few days ago, I quoted on a huge DTP project, and today the client came back with questions and demands; among which there are two I'm not sure I understand;

2- signed DTP Agreement (Individual or Service Company)"; I used to receive agreements and/or contracts from clients and sign them. This is the first time I'm asked to send "my" agreement. I don't have one. I'm not even sure what it is.

If anyone can give any explanation, I'll deeply appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.
Zahraa
Collapse

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:20
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Something wrong here Jun 13, 2016

Zahraa Omar wrote:

This makes sense to some extent, though poorly written.
They want to know what files you can handle, so which DTP software you have (bought a license), or you can have access to (either using a relative/neighbor/friend's computer or on a pay-per-use system, e.g. InDesign, Infix).

Zahraa Omar wrote:

2- signed DTP Agreement (Individual or Service Company)";

Is it really DTP?

Most likely it would be NDA - Non-Disclosure Agreement, i.e. you commit not to show/make available their client's files to anybody else.

It could be DNR - Do Not Resuscitate, i.e. if they find you dead, to leave you that way. In spite of the weird documents translation agencies now and then ask me to sign, this one has never come up among them... yet!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What's signed DTP Agreement (Individual or Service Company)?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »