Korean font issue
Thread poster: Leon M. van Sambeek
Leon M. van Sambeek
Leon M. van Sambeek
Netherlands
Local time: 23:39
Feb 21, 2019

I have translated machine software from English into Korean and have a problem:
the GUI needs to display some ASCII (latin) characters and Korean characters simultaneously in the same font. The text is presented as a table which means that characters need to be vertically aligned (e.g. the 5th character on line 2 sits exactly beneath the 5th character on line 1).

I have tried MINGLIU and NotoMono-Regular but neither display Korean glyphs correctly in our application. Non-monos
... See more
I have translated machine software from English into Korean and have a problem:
the GUI needs to display some ASCII (latin) characters and Korean characters simultaneously in the same font. The text is presented as a table which means that characters need to be vertically aligned (e.g. the 5th character on line 2 sits exactly beneath the 5th character on line 1).

I have tried MINGLIU and NotoMono-Regular but neither display Korean glyphs correctly in our application. Non-monospaced fonts like malgun and arial-unicode work correctly (but don't align characters).

Can anyone advise me about a usable font that solves this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Leon
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Korean font issue

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »