Thread poster: Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:24
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Aug 15, 2012

Recently someone from Fluency contacted me for a demo. I downloaded the program only to find that my Norton Antivirus auto-deleting it after classifying it as a threat. Has anyone experienced this?

Alina - Maria Chiteala
Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 05:54
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Fluency Aug 15, 2012

Hello,
I have Eset Smart Security 5 and had no such problems with Fluency.
In fact, even if I had to learn a new CAT tool, I love Fluency - and the first reason for this is that I do not have the headaches of Trados for instance i.e. the files clean up nicely and I do not fear that cleaning a file won't be done.
Also, the support team is really great and they solved every problem I had and even implemented new diacritical marks system that I need to translate into Romanian.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
Wrong forum Aug 15, 2012

Umang Dholabhai wrote:
Recently someone from Fluency contacted me for a demo. I downloaded the program only to find that my Norton Antivirus auto-deleting it after classifying it as a threat. Has anyone experienced this?

There is a dedicated forum for Fluency:

http://www.proz.com/forum/fluency_support-1043.html

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
Diacritics for Romanian Aug 15, 2012

Alina - Maria Chiteala wrote:
Also, the support team is really great and they solved every problem I had and even implemented new diacritical marks system that I need to translate into Romanian.

May I ask what these diacritics are? I thought Unicode would solve all such problems.

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 04:54
German to Swedish
+ ...
Glyphs Aug 15, 2012

This may not be the issue at all here... but Unicode is one thing, the glyphs actually encoded by a given font is another.
If a font doesn't contain a glyph with a diacritical mark, the glyph can in many cases be decomposed into the base character and the diacritic. The text system needs to handle these cases intelligently (usually, but not always, this done by the OS).

Alina - Maria Chiteala
Alina - Maria Chiteala  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2011)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Unicode Aug 16, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Alina - Maria Chiteala wrote:

May I ask what these diacritics are? I thought Unicode would solve all such problems.

I do not understand Unicode or stuff like this, all I know there are comma and cedilla ones and I need the program to display the old ones, not the new ones. This was not because of my computer or keypad...
All I know is that my problem was solved ASAP by the support staff.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Reliability of Fluency

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »