Barbara L Pavlik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:32
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 12, 2013

v.2.14.05.6121 - x64 Professional

How do I get Fluency to stop auto-correcting my target text? The same word doesn't always mean the same thing, and not only does it "correct" the same word in subsequent segments, but it also does the same for previous segments that I've already tranlated, undoing my work, even though I have unchecked "auto correct target text."

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:32
English to French
+ ...
Fluency 2010 Jun 12, 2013

Hi Barbara,

Translation Memories -> Preferences -> General Settings -> Use Spell Check, uncheck. This issue may also be related to Prompt me before updating all identical segments being unchecked.

HTH,

Bernard

Barbara L Pavlik
Barbara L Pavlik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:32
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 12, 2013

Thanks, Bernard. I knew I had seen that box before, (prompt me before updating all identical segments) but I just didn't know where to find it.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to stop auto correct

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »