Barbara L Pavlik
Barbara L Pavlik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:07
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 21, 2013

I am using Fluency 2013, and every time I start typing in the translation box, even just one letter, a pop-up box appears with suggestions of everything I have ever translated starting with that letter (sometimes just a list of words, sometimes whole sentences). I find this rather annoying, as it covers up the rest of the translation box, obscuring my view, and I have to click in another field to get rid of it. It really adds to my translation time. Does anyone know how to disable this featur... See more
I am using Fluency 2013, and every time I start typing in the translation box, even just one letter, a pop-up box appears with suggestions of everything I have ever translated starting with that letter (sometimes just a list of words, sometimes whole sentences). I find this rather annoying, as it covers up the rest of the translation box, obscuring my view, and I have to click in another field to get rid of it. It really adds to my translation time. Does anyone know how to disable this feature? Thanks.Collapse

Hepburn
Hepburn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:07
English to French
+ ...
Help from their devoted helpers! Dec 21, 2013

The best way is really to click on "Help" and then choose to get it through an e-mail. Then you can explain your problem at length and one of their wonderful helpers will telle you exactly what to do : by mail, which is really the easiest.

Try it and your problem will vanish.

Claudette

Barbara L Pavlik
Barbara L Pavlik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:07
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 21, 2013

Thanks, I know that, and they are very quick to respond, but it seems like I am always pestering them, and I was hoping that someone here would know. It may even be in their user manual, but I wouldn't even know what to call this feature in order to be able to find it. If I don't get an answer here by Monday, I will send them an email. Their offices are probably closed for the weekend anyway.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to disable pop-up box in Fluency

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »