Tabidze, "Zazdravny tost", English translation
Thread poster: M_S (X)
M_S (X)
M_S (X)
English to Russian
Feb 11, 2009

Does anyone by any chance have a book with an English translation of (see subj.)? I don't actually know if an English translation exists, but I'm asking just in case. And if by miracle someone does have a tome with a published translation, I am writing in hopes that this someone also have a scanner and can scan and send me the text. To make sure you understand what poem exactly is concerned, here is a couple of lines in Russian
Привыкли мы видеть во все времена<
... See more
Does anyone by any chance have a book with an English translation of (see subj.)? I don't actually know if an English translation exists, but I'm asking just in case. And if by miracle someone does have a tome with a published translation, I am writing in hopes that this someone also have a scanner and can scan and send me the text. To make sure you understand what poem exactly is concerned, here is a couple of lines in Russian
Привыкли мы видеть во все времена
Нико Пиросмани за дружеским пиром,
Искать его сердце в бокале вина –
Затем, что одним мы помазаны миром.

I am translating from Russian into English an article where this poem is quoted, but I am not a translator of poetry, and not of Georgian poetry anyway. The client knows about it, so the agreement is that either I find a good English translation (to be quoted mentioning the translator's name of course) or make a rough translation from the Russian myself.

Many thanks.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tabidze, "Zazdravny tost", English translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »