Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Desktop computer: which one is best?
Thread poster: xxxhollycric (X)
George Hopkins
George Hopkins
Local time: 16:56
Swedish to English
Another plus Jun 11, 2015

... would be Dragon Dictate with a good microphone. Talking into the microphone is quicker than typing and is surprisingly accurate.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:56
Finnish to French
Really? Jun 12, 2015

George Hopkins wrote:
As already mentioned, a large separate screen (60 inch) is recommended

60 inch, really? I'm not sure what to think about this 'mine is bigger than yours' contest.

Me? I'm happy with my new laptop's 14-inch IPS crystal-clear display. 2560 x 1440 pixels give me enough real-estate, don't even feel the need for an external display.

Andreas Morgenstern
Andreas Morgenstern  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:56
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Depends on the distance Jun 12, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

George Hopkins wrote:
As already mentioned, a large separate screen (60 inch) is recommended

60 inch, really? I'm not sure what to think about this 'mine is bigger than yours' contest.

Me? I'm happy with my new laptop's 14-inch IPS crystal-clear display. 2560 x 1440 pixels give me enough real-estate, don't even feel the need for an external display.

40 inches is pretty much the maximum if you have the monitor at around an arm's length from where you are sitting.

To really make use of the resolution, the size should be around:

20-24 inches for Full HD / 1080p
28-35 inches for 1440p
40-45 inches for UHD / 2160p

if you keep the monitor at a reasonable distance.

I am not really a big fan of having the screen too close to my nose, as my last one took a huge toll on my eyesight.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Desktop computer: which one is best?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »