Is there any simply way to insert tags?
Thread poster: Kevin Garnett
Jan 3, 2013

I use the shortcut Control + numerals for tags insertion in target, but I have to copy the corresponding translation into tags. This is time consuming. Is there any simply way to insert tags?

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
Local time: 19:08
Right way for inserting tags Jan 4, 2013

Heartsome tag mode is divided into following two ways depend on your font and style of source file:

Numerals represent tag.

Tag Mode 1: {1}This is a {2}Test{3}.

Tag Mode 2: {1}This{1} is a {2}test{2}.

In either mode, you can press CTL + Numerals or select Edit – Insert Next Tag (Recommend you to customize a short cut for inserting the next tag by selecting Tools – Options – Shortcuts) to insert tags one by one (or a pair of tags)
... See more
Heartsome tag mode is divided into following two ways depend on your font and style of source file:

Numerals represent tag.

Tag Mode 1: {1}This is a {2}Test{3}.

Tag Mode 2: {1}This{1} is a {2}test{2}.

In either mode, you can press CTL + Numerals or select Edit – Insert Next Tag (Recommend you to customize a short cut for inserting the next tag by selecting Tools – Options – Shortcuts) to insert tags one by one (or a pair of tags) into target.

For Tag Mode 2, you can select the text in target, which need to be surrounded by a pair of tags, then press CTL + Numerals or use Insert Next Tag, the corresponding tags will be coped into proper location in target.

For Example

Source: {1}This{1} is a {2}test{2}.
Target: This is a test.

Step 1: Select “This” in target, then press CTL + 1 or select Insert Next Tag. The target will become:

Target: {1}This {1} is a test.

Step 2: Select “test” in target, then press CTL + 2 or select Insert Next Tag. The target will become:

Target: {1}This {1} is a {2}test{2}.

[Edited at 2013-01-04 02:12 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-01-04 02:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-01-04 02:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-01-04 02:14 GMT]
Collapse

Heartsome Support
Heartsome Support
Local time: 19:08
Delete content between a pair of tags Jan 4, 2013

I forget to tell you two good shortcut combinations. I am sure they can let your translation speedy.

To delete the content between a pair of tags, press CTR+R.

To delete all contents behind current cursor, press CTR+D.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Is there any simply way to insert tags?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »