https://www.proz.com/forum/internet_for_translators/337918-microsoft_language_portal_no_longer_available.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Microsoft Language Portal - No longer available?
Thread poster: Sara Baroni
Sara Baroni
Sara Baroni  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:27
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 9, 2019

Hello,
I have been using Microsoft Language Portal (LP) for many years, including upon instruction from Microsoft themselves.

Now when I go to the usual web page, instead of the search function I get an all new page with "Downloads" or "Explore more".
So I thought they changed it from a web query page to a download function, however when I get into the downloads, there is no way to download anything, there are only expla
... See more
Hello,
I have been using Microsoft Language Portal (LP) for many years, including upon instruction from Microsoft themselves.

Now when I go to the usual web page, instead of the search function I get an all new page with "Downloads" or "Explore more".
So I thought they changed it from a web query page to a download function, however when I get into the downloads, there is no way to download anything, there are only explainer pages.

(The page is https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/language)

I am completely at a loss.

I have already sent Microsoft a query about it, but I was wondering if anyone who is familiar with it knows what is happening and, more importantly, where I can still search MS terminology on a daily basis.
Collapse

Betty Revelioti

Mikhail Zavidin
Mikhail Zavidin
Local time: 18:27
English to Russian
+ ...
It happens all the time Oct 9, 2019

Hello, Sara.

Probably the server is under maintenance.
To avoid the situation in the future I recommend you obtain the local copy of the Microsoft terminology by downloading MicrosoftTermCollection.tbx from the service when it is working . If you are a user of windows you can load the file to Xbanch to make use of the terminology locally. There are some else solutions, such as CAT tools.

Hope this helps

Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A.
Cristina Bufi Poecksteiner, M.A.  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 17:27
German to Italian
+ ...
same parallel topic - microsoft language portal not working Oct 9, 2019

microsoft language portal not working
https://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/337919-microsoft_language_portal_not_working.html

Stefano Gallorini (X)
Stefano Gallorini (X)
German to Italian
Microsoft terminology Oct 9, 2019

Dear Collegues,

you can find an official glossary for Microsoft terminology (dated 2011) in all european languages (Afrikaans, Basque, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Icelandic, Irish (Ireland), Italian, Maltese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Welsh) ready to be us
... See more
Dear Collegues,

you can find an official glossary for Microsoft terminology (dated 2011) in all european languages (Afrikaans, Basque, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Icelandic, Irish (Ireland), Italian, Maltese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Welsh) ready to be used in Trados Studio on the Glossarissimo website.

s

[Edited at 2019-10-09 13:51 GMT]
Collapse

Betty Revelioti
Betty Revelioti
Greece
Local time: 18:27
Member (2003)
English to Greek
+ ...
Have you visited the Microsoft Language Portal today? Sep 1, 2021

Is there a way to find the term search engine that was under the following address?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/language/

Soluna
expressisverbis

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Doesn't work today Sep 1, 2021

I guess it has crashed or is being updated. I can't access it either today.

Betty Revelioti
Kersti Skovgaard
expressisverbis

Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
problem persists as of September 2, 2021 Sep 2, 2021

Where I can find the Microsoft term search engine that was under the following address ?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/language/

[Edited at 2021-09-03 05:07 GMT]

expressisverbis

Soluna
Soluna
United Kingdom
English to German
It's gone! Sep 2, 2021

I cannot find it anywhere in their language portal. The link I have bookmarked doesn't work anymore.... :/

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sent them an email Sep 2, 2021

I have sent them an email to know what is happening... Let's see if I can get any answer from them.

Elena Feriani
Kersti Skovgaard

Vladimír Pleva
Vladimír Pleva
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Not ALL European languages. There is no Czech, for example. Any other suggestions? Sep 2, 2021

Stefano Gallorini wrote:

Dear Collegues,

you can find an official glossary for Microsoft terminology (dated 2011) in all european languages (Afrikaans, Basque, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Icelandic, Irish (Ireland), Italian, Maltese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Welsh) ready to be used in Trados Studio on the Glossarissimo website.

s

[Edited at 2019-10-09 13:51 GMT]

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
MS chat support Sep 2, 2021

I tried MS chat support, but they were as clueless as they so often are. Completely useless.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
An upgrade problem Sep 2, 2021

I got the following reply from a Senior Program Manager:

"Thanks for reporting this issue. We have a problem with the site due to an underlying upgrade. Our tools team is working on this and hope to have it running again today (Thursday)."

Let's hope that tomorrow (Friday) they can have this upgrade problem fixed, and we can have access to the Language Portal again.

Thomas T. Frost
Elena Feriani

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Still not working Sep 3, 2021

Tried it just a moment ago.

Raffaella Palmisano
Raffaella Palmisano  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:27
Member (2018)
English to Italian
+ ...
Here we go again... Sep 3, 2021

The MS language portal just disappeared. Does anyone know if it's under maintenance or is it gone for good?

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It's working for me now... Sep 3, 2021

Please check it.

Betty Revelioti

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Language Portal - No longer available?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »