day rates or hourly for two-way interpreting in italy
Thread poster: kellie riggs
kellie riggs
kellie riggs
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 26, 2018

Hi everyone! I'm trying to find some day rates or hourly rates used for two way interpretations; I have to assist an american designer at a meeting with an italian goldsmith and translate en-it and it-en. I am a goldsmith myself so i'm specialized in the vocab. could any of you suggest how I might go about charging for this service? I don't know how long the meeting will last and I imagine there will be future correspondence between the two via email. I would also like to ask for a per diem or s... See more
Hi everyone! I'm trying to find some day rates or hourly rates used for two way interpretations; I have to assist an american designer at a meeting with an italian goldsmith and translate en-it and it-en. I am a goldsmith myself so i'm specialized in the vocab. could any of you suggest how I might go about charging for this service? I don't know how long the meeting will last and I imagine there will be future correspondence between the two via email. I would also like to ask for a per diem or some kind and the client to cover travel expenses (i'd have to travel from florence to milan). anyone have experience with a job like this freelancing? I teach english in florence freelance and ususally charge 20-25 an hour.. but this seems to be more specific and so i was hoping to ask for more.

thanks for all your advice in advance ! day rate for jobs like this, or hourly?
Collapse

Jan Rausch
Jan Rausch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:21
German to English
+ ...
Day rate Apr 3, 2018

Hi Kellie,

I would definitely charge a day rate (including overtime after 8 hours if applicable), plus travel expenses (and accommodation if required) and a per diem for subsistence.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jan

kellie riggs
kellie riggs
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What would be a good starting day rate? Apr 3, 2018

Hi Jan!
Thanks so much for your response and advice. Could I ask you what you think a going day rate would be?
thanks so much!
kellie

Jan Rausch
Jan Rausch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:21
German to English
+ ...
Sorry Jun 12, 2018

kellie riggs wrote:

Hi Jan!
Thanks so much for your response and advice. Could I ask you what you think a going day rate would be?
thanks so much!
kellie

Hi Kellie,

Sorry, I have only just seen this. So I suppose it is too late now, and I am not familiar with rates on the Italian market anyway.

Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

day rates or hourly for two-way interpreting in italy

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »