Experiences with The翻訳(特許版) and PC-Transer (or PAT-Transer)?
Thread poster: Tasogare (X)
Tasogare (X)
Tasogare (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 04:39
Japanese to English
+ ...
Mar 23, 2013

Currently I work with Kill Gray's MemoQ as preferred CAT tool, and Just Systems's 翻訳ブレーン as preferred MT tool.
Although Honyaku Brain's performance isn't bad for an MT tool (certainly compared to the free online tools) I would like a more powerful and accurate MT tool to assist me in the translations of mainly patents, agreements and legal documents.
Two MT tools come to mind, but before I spend approximately €1750 on an MT tool, I would like to know if it is worth the
... See more
Currently I work with Kill Gray's MemoQ as preferred CAT tool, and Just Systems's 翻訳ブレーン as preferred MT tool.
Although Honyaku Brain's performance isn't bad for an MT tool (certainly compared to the free online tools) I would like a more powerful and accurate MT tool to assist me in the translations of mainly patents, agreements and legal documents.
Two MT tools come to mind, but before I spend approximately €1750 on an MT tool, I would like to know if it is worth the investment. Does anyone have experiences with The翻訳 (特許版) or PAT-Transer? If so, please post them in this thread.
Many thanks in advance.

http://pf.toshiba-sol.co.jp/prod/hon_yaku/premium_pat/index_j.htm

●搭載辞書語数(見出し語数)
標準辞書: 767万語

●英日/日英版(高機能OCR付)

●希望小売価格 192,150円
(税抜183,000円)

http://www.crosslanguage.co.jp/products/pc-transer_v20/

業界初のオフィスドキュメント翻訳機能「Office Open XML 翻訳」
DOCX / XLSX / PPTX ファイルのダイレクト編集機能を搭載
オフィスドキュメントの原文を翻訳エディタに直接読み込み、翻訳、オフィスドキュメント形式での直接保存が可能に
総辞書語数777.9万語 [UP!]
プロフェッショナル : 777.9万語/スタンダード : 592.1万語
学習辞書や翻訳メモリを反映する豊富な翻訳ツール

●オフィス翻訳 [Office 2010 (32bit/64bit) 対応, Word/Excel/PowerPoint]

●PDF ダイレクトファイル翻訳 [PDF ファイルを右クリックして、一発翻訳]

●IE アドインホームページ翻訳 [UP! IE10.0対応]

●メール翻訳 [UP! Outlook2003~2010対応]

●キャプチャ翻訳 [画面上の画像化された文字を文字認識して翻訳]

●ワンポイント翻訳 [短い文を翻訳するクイック翻訳ツール]

●高精度OCR(文字認識)ソフト 「CROSS OCR V2 JE Edition」
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Experiences with The翻訳(特許版) and PC-Transer (or PAT-Transer)?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »