Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:01
French to English
+ ...
Disagree with Hans May 30, 2020

Hans Lenting wrote:

MT isn't suited to translate complete texts. MT can be helpful with suggestions for individual segments, when used by professional translators.

For those who think and type slowly and have to peek into a dictionary on every sentence, maybe. To me it takes less time to translate a segment from scratch than to analyse the MT output and adapt it to my taste, especially when it comes to creating a well-readable text with proper stylistic devices. MT is sometimes adequate in conveying semantics, but at the level of pragmatics it is not even touching the surface.

Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD

JudyC
JudyC  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:01
Italian to English
a year and a half on... Nov 13, 2021

now this IS somewhat unsettling news, to me at least!

https://group.springernature.com/us/group/media/press-releases/free-auto-translation-service-for-book-authors/19767218

Gabriela Raț

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DeepL

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »