Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:48
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 19, 2018

If your memoQ today tells you to update and you are at version 8.3.5, don't update: there is a huge bug in version 8.3.6: filtering for status no longer works at all. Remain at your current version until they fix this bug. Kilgray is already aware of the bug, and "they are working on it"... though how could they release an upgrade with such a serious bug I really don't understand.

If you have already updated, or if your program is set to automatically update, then the only thing you
... See more
If your memoQ today tells you to update and you are at version 8.3.5, don't update: there is a huge bug in version 8.3.6: filtering for status no longer works at all. Remain at your current version until they fix this bug. Kilgray is already aware of the bug, and "they are working on it"... though how could they release an upgrade with such a serious bug I really don't understand.

If you have already updated, or if your program is set to automatically update, then the only thing you can do, I guess, is to install memoQ 2015 and work in that, for the time being.

...and if you have already updated, another option is to ask Kilgray support for an installation file for 8.3.5: they have just sent me a link for that.

So, thumbs up to Kilgray for reacting quickly (to an error of their own making)

[Edited at 2018-02-19 19:34 GMT]

Update:
They have released 8.3.7 today, which apparently fixes the problem.

[Edited at 2018-02-20 16:17 GMT]
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:48
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you!! Feb 19, 2018

I was about to upgrade this week. But piano, piano, si va lontano in this case.

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 12:48
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
still on Feb 19, 2018

2014 and happy

mQ is an eternal beta-release

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Don't update to 8.3.6 - huge bug in the filtering system

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »