Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 14:56
Chinese to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2019

memoq

It used to be that MemoQ 2015 could import SDL package files more or less flawlessly. In MemoQ 8.4 on my new computer, however, I have not been able to import any TMs integrated within an SDL package. Why?

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
I think it depends on Trados package file client created? Dec 3, 2019

Hi Lincoln,

I am using memoQ 9.1 currently (upgraded from memoQ 2014 a while ago) but I had same issue sometimes both with memoQ 2014 and 9.1.
I don't think it's memoQ problem - rather I think the problem is on the client's Trados file, because some Trados package files from a client I don't experience any errors but Trados package from another client I receive the same error message most of the time.
So I think if you see the error message, I think it's best to tell the
... See more
Hi Lincoln,

I am using memoQ 9.1 currently (upgraded from memoQ 2014 a while ago) but I had same issue sometimes both with memoQ 2014 and 9.1.
I don't think it's memoQ problem - rather I think the problem is on the client's Trados file, because some Trados package files from a client I don't experience any errors but Trados package from another client I receive the same error message most of the time.
So I think if you see the error message, I think it's best to tell the client. I usually explain the issue to the client and ask to send TM in .tmx format separately so that I can import manually.

Akiko
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ fails to import TM in SDL package

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »