Thread poster: Thomas Chen
Thomas Chen
Thomas Chen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 20:15
English to Chinese
+ ...
Feb 18, 2020

I cannot check out projects from the client's server, and the error message is always "The request has timed out". But the client's server is working perfectly fine. Anyone has any idea on how to fix it?

More background:
I am using Windows 7, and I normally use memoQ 8.7.
There is no connection issue when I am connected to VPN, however, the VPN service is not available last few days, so the problem appears.
Another weird thing is for other jobs that I have checked
... See more
I cannot check out projects from the client's server, and the error message is always "The request has timed out". But the client's server is working perfectly fine. Anyone has any idea on how to fix it?

More background:
I am using Windows 7, and I normally use memoQ 8.7.
There is no connection issue when I am connected to VPN, however, the VPN service is not available last few days, so the problem appears.
Another weird thing is for other jobs that I have checked out already, I can connect to the client's server and synchronize as usual, so the connects issue only occurs when I try to check out from the client's server.
I have tried all methods, closing and reopening memoQ, disabling and uninstalling the firewall, rebooting the PC, uninstalling and re-installing different version of memoQ (8.6, 8.7 and 9.2), none of the methods work.
This issue has been around for quite a long time, and I have contacted the Kilgray support team, they are of no help either.
Collapse

Jungers
Jungers  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:15
English to German
+ ...
Same issue Mar 8, 2020

I have had the exact same issue.
I thought the client's server was down, decided to use a vpn and suddenly everything worked.

Currently the server isn't working at all though (possibly because it is down entirely), but I find it odd that using a vpn it would work at all when it doesn't using my normal connection.
Could it be that the ISP is somehow blocking the connection for some reason?

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 20:15
Chinese to English
+ ...
IP block Mar 8, 2020

Either you are being blocked by the great firewall, or the client has blocked access from your IP (I had one client who, for some reason, only allows connections from a couple of countries)

Robin LEPLUMEY
Robin LEPLUMEY
France
Local time: 13:15
English to French
+ ...
Not sure if this helps... Mar 9, 2020

I often have server issues when checking out a project on memoQ, although I don't get the same message ("The request has timed out"). The only workaround I know of is to go to the memoQ menu -> Activation -> CAL tab -> Clear, then check out the project.

I'm not sure it will help in your case, but who knows...

Christopher Schmidt
Christopher Schmidt  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:15
German to English
+ ...
Port open? Mar 9, 2020

I'm not sure if this is the issue in your situation, but I've had problems in the past similar to yours on certain networks if the appropriate TCP port isn't open. According to the memoQ Help (https://helpcenter.memoq.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010377819-memoQ-ports), TCP port 2705 is used for inbound and outbound communication between memoQ server and client.
... See more
I'm not sure if this is the issue in your situation, but I've had problems in the past similar to yours on certain networks if the appropriate TCP port isn't open. According to the memoQ Help (https://helpcenter.memoq.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010377819-memoQ-ports), TCP port 2705 is used for inbound and outbound communication between memoQ server and client.

-Chris
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Connection issue when trying to check out projects from memoQ server

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »