There is no working TM attached to an online project?
Thread poster: Sangchul Song
Sangchul Song
Sangchul Song  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 11:13
English to Korean
+ ...
Aug 5, 2020

Today I got a short translation to complete due tomorrow, and they specifically asked me to follow TM / glossary for the terms & style.

Whenever I did an online project with them, there was an remote TM attached to the project on their server and I had no problem accessing it.

This time, however, the project doesn't have any TM attached to it, and I cannot confirm translations or see TM entries.
I also checked the TM list but it only shows local TMs on my device.
... See more
Today I got a short translation to complete due tomorrow, and they specifically asked me to follow TM / glossary for the terms & style.

Whenever I did an online project with them, there was an remote TM attached to the project on their server and I had no problem accessing it.

This time, however, the project doesn't have any TM attached to it, and I cannot confirm translations or see TM entries.
I also checked the TM list but it only shows local TMs on my device.
I tried reinstalling memoQ and checking out a new copy of the project but to no avail.

I asked PM to check if the TM is set up properly 6 hours ago, but she has not answered to my emails since the first time I addressed the issue,
when she said she'll just upload the resources again.
I just sent her email asking for a TM file so I can import it manually myself, and am waiting for her reply right now.

Can anyone shed light on what could be causing this issue, and if this is something that can be fixed on my end?

*Update: PM sent me the tmx and csv files for TM/TB, but I still have no clue on why this happened.

[Edited at 2020-08-05 19:41 GMT]

**Update: I'm having the same problem with a new project, so it seems my memoQ isn't recognizing and/or downloading the TM from the server.

[Edited at 2020-08-06 08:20 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

There is no working TM attached to an online project?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »