Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:42
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 24, 2016

Hello everyone

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable WYSIWIG in MemSource?

Thanks
Samuel

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:42
Finnish to French
Probably not Feb 24, 2016

I don’t think it is possible.

As a workaround, you can import the offending document in another tool, export it as XLIFF (or any other bilingual format supported by Memsource) and you should have all the lovely tags you’re currently missing, instead of the repulsive WYSIWIG you apparently dislike

Or (if you don’t need or want to translate in Memsource) you open your MXLIFF in another tool that suppo
... See more
I don’t think it is possible.

As a workaround, you can import the offending document in another tool, export it as XLIFF (or any other bilingual format supported by Memsource) and you should have all the lovely tags you’re currently missing, instead of the repulsive WYSIWIG you apparently dislike

Or (if you don’t need or want to translate in Memsource) you open your MXLIFF in another tool that supports XLIFF, and you should again find lovely tags instead of WYSIWIG.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh, wait, there appears to be an upload option... Feb 24, 2016

Dominique Pivard wrote:
....and you should have all the lovely tags you’re currently missing, instead of the repulsive WYSIWIG you apparently dislike

I see there is an option "Upload bilinqual (sic) file", but it doesn't say what format the bilingual file should be in. I can download in MXLIFF, DOCX and TMX. What format can I upload in? And... does this mean what I hope it means, i.e. that I can translate the MXLIFF file offline and upload it and then my translation will automagically appear in the cells, without me having to do additional gymnastics?

2GT
2GT  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Memsource support forum Feb 25, 2016

Samuel Murray:
What format can I upload in? And... does this mean what I hope it means, i.e. that I can translate the MXLIFF file offline and upload it and then my translation will automagically appear in the cells, without me having to do additional gymnastics?

You can try to clarify your doubts in Memsource Support Forum:
http://support.memsource.com/

They usually respond very quickly.

Cheers
Gianni

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:42
English to Russian
Yes you can upload after translating with 3rd party tool Feb 25, 2016

Samuel Murray wrote:
does this mean ... that I can translate the MXLIFF file offline and upload it and then my translation will automagically appear in the cells?

However avoid merging/splitting segments (unless extremely needed) and be ready to deal with tags as plain text after importing to your tool.
My tool allows me to convert such tags into normal/native tags and then safely export them back to Memsource, but I am not sure about yours.

Also remember that bilingual docx from Memsource is split in 1000-segment sections within a file.
(Just in case you need to select all column for any reason.)

[Edited at 2016-02-25 06:20 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Switch off WYSIWIG in MemSource?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »